The MindCare Dementia Skills team is offering free dementia courses to anyone living or working in the London Borough of Bromley. The courses are for anyone living or working in Bromley who has an interest in dementia and is not receiving other MindCare training as family carers or Extra Care Housing staff.
Understanding Dementia Course
The Understanding Dementia Course covers:
- Recognising different types of dementia
- Improving awareness of possible symptoms
- Understanding different parts of the brain
- Understanding how memories are stored and how dementia can affect them
- Understanding the impact dementia might have on an individual’s reality
- Various exercises and activities to improve understanding of the experience of dementia
- Recommended responses to certain behaviours or statements to reduce anxiety.
Understanding Dementia Course Dates
- 12th March 2019
- 17th April 2019
- 15th May 2019
- 20th June 2019
- 9th July 2019
- 24th September 2019
- 16th October 2019
- 20th November 2019
- 5th December 2019
Successful Communication in Dementia Care
- 12th June 2019
- 12th November 2019
Behaviours We Find Challenging in Dementia Care
- 18th September 2019
All courses are 1 day long and take place at Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind, 20b Hayne Road, Beckenham BR3 4HY and take place from 9.30am to 4pm.
How to Book
Please be aware that places are limited and sessions do tend to fill up quickly.
A charge of £50 will be incurred for non-attendance if a place has been booked and no notice given.
If you would like to book a place please telephone (020 3328 0360) or email using the form below:
News by Email