The MindCare Dementia Skills team is offering a free dementia course to anyone living or working in the London Borough of Bromley. The course is for anyone living or working in Bromley who has an interest in dementia and is not receiving other MindCare training as family carers or Extra Care Housing staff.
The Understanding Dementia course covers:
- Recognising different types of dementia
- Improving awareness of possible symptoms
- Understanding different parts of the brain
- Understanding how memories are stored and how dementia can affect them
- Understanding the impact dementia might have on an individual’s reality
- Various exercises and activities to improve understanding of the experience of dementia
- Recommended responses to certain behaviours or statements to reduce anxiety.
- 8th February 2018
- 15th March 2018
- 18th April 2018
- 10th May 2018
- 19th June 2018
- 10th July 2018
All courses take place at Bromley & Lewisham Mind, 20b Hayne Road, Beckenham BR3 4HY and take place from 9.30am to 4pm.
How to Book
Please be aware that places are limited and sessions do tend to fill up quickly.
A charge of £50 will be incurred for non-attendance if a place has been booked and no notice given.
If you would like to book a place please telephone (020 3328 0360) or email using the form below: