- 11th April 2017
- 25th April 2017
- 3rd May 2017
- 17th May 2017
Behaviours We Find Challenging in Dementia Care
- 28th April 2017
Successful Communication in Dementia Care
- 19st April 2017
- 24th May 2017
Person Centred Dementia Care
- 4th April 2017
- 10th May 2017
All courses are held at the Town Hall Chambers in Catford (accessed via the theatre) and run from 9.30am to 4.30pm. Unfortunately, there is no disable access at the Town Hall Chambers.
We highly recommended people attend the “Understanding Dementia” course first, as other courses lead on from the ideas and information covered.
Course content includes:
- Recognising different types of dementia
- Improving awareness of possible symptoms
- Understanding different parts of the brain
- Understanding how memories are stored and how dementia can affect them
- Understanding the impact dementia might have on an individual’s reality
- Various exercises and activities to improve understanding of the experience of dementia
- Recommended responses to certain behaviours or statements to reduce anxiety.
How to Book
If you are interested in booking any of these dates please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org including attendee’s name, position and date/session you wish to attend as soon as possible as places fill up very quickly.
A service charge of £50 will be incurred for non-attendance if a place has been booked and no notice given. If you wish to cancel a booking or are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible in advance of the session. Delegates arriving more than 15 minutes after the session start time may not be admitted to the course.