The MindCare Dementia Skills team is offering a free dementia course to anyone living or working in the London Borough of Bromley. The course is for anyone living or working in Bromley who has an interest in dementia and is not receiving other MindCare training as family carers or Extra Care Housing staff.
The Understanding Dementia course covers:
- Recognising different types of dementia
- Improving awareness of possible symptoms
- Understanding different parts of the brain
- Understanding how memories are stored and how dementia can affect them
- Understanding the impact dementia might have on an individual’s reality
- Various exercises and activities to improve understanding of the experience of dementia
- Recommended responses to certain behaviours or statements to reduce anxiety.
- 20th April 2017
- 19th May 2017
- 7th September 2017
- 17th October 2017
- 14th November 2017
- 6th December 2017
All courses take place at Bromley & Lewisham Mind, 20b Hayne Road, Beckenham BR3 4HY and take place from 9.30am to 4pm.
How to Book
Please be aware that places are limited and sessions do tend to fill up quickly.
A charge of £50 will be incurred for non-attendance if a place has been booked and no notice given.
If you would like to book a place please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.